Friday 13 October 2017

Animation: Evaluation

For the first short animation I made with my group mates, BOOM, was a human animation which involved travelling from place A to B. For this animation we used stepped ladder, which is a still and immobile (when someone's standing on it) to move along the whole, exiting to another hallway and coming out with another person sitting and turning to another person after standing up. For this short project, I think what went well was that we had a solid idea of what to do and knew how to work things out when we were shooting. The shooting of the animation itself went smoothly (but time consuming) and we had produce a high quality animation (in my opinion). Lastly, I think the editing went smoothly, since it was a short animation there were no real problem in terms of editing. However, we could improve our animation by making sure that the explosion we used in the end was more cleaner.

For our second animation, we used an inanimate objects to animate (with a different group), A Game of Cat and Cards, initially this wasn't what we were planning to do. We were planning to do an animation of stacking cards together, however, due to the short amount of time that we had, we decided to use this idea instead. What went well with this short project was we came into conclusion (plan b) quickly and smoothly filmed this project. I think the music compliments the animation too. However, I think we could've improve with how we placed our camera and put it in a better angle, as well as making sure the cards was neat to look at.

For our third short animation, we used Lego to create a lip synch animation, OKE OKE. What went well with this short project was our ideas complimented each other. The shots came out in best quality we could have it, therefore, there were no blurry shots. The finish product was hilarious, as when we were editing, we used TTS to lip synch with our Lego models, therefore, it produced a very unnatural and computer generated voice prominently. The editing went smoothly, we didn't encounter any problems when doing it. However, we could improve our animation by taking different angles of the our two models, they were stationary half of the time, and it could've brought more life to it if we used different types of angles (in my opinion).

For my etsing, I am very interested of doing human animation or inanimate object - I think they are very to manipulate and animate. I think that human animation can be done easily as it's very easy to re-shoot things if necessary, in comparison to inanimate object. However, I am still undecided, but it has to be either human animation or inanimate object that I will be doing for my etsing.

No comments:

Post a Comment